Call for Abstracts 2017
The Bumpers College Honors Student Board is pleased to announce a call for research poster abstracts for submission to the 2017 Poster Competition April 10th – 12th. This opportunity is designed to increase awareness of undergraduate research opportunities and provide honors students with ideas and direction for their own research projects.
All abstracts submitted that do not follow these eligibility criteria will automatically be rejected without review. Poster narratives/abstracts must present completed research of potential regional or national significance. Submissions meeting these eligibility criteria will be peer reviewed.
- Include a cover page with the following information – poster title and author names with affiliations as well as the phone number and e-mail address of the presenter.
- Student authors must identify themselves as Undergraduate, Undergraduate Honors, or Graduate.
- Abstracts should be 500 words or less. The abstract narrative must include the title of the poster.
- Maximum submission length is 2 pages (1 cover page, 500 word or less abstract on separate page).
- Document must be formatted in 12-point font, Times New Roman
Submitted abstracts will be evaluated by a peer review panel. Contestants selected to present will be notified of acceptance via email and posters will be presented at the Bumpers Honors Student Board Research Poster Competition April 10th – 12th. Posters for this event should not exceed 48x48 inches.
Awards will be given for the top three posters in two divisions: Graduate and Undergraduate. Top ranked students will receive $100, $50, or $25 Visa gift card.
Submission Procedure and Deadline
Poster abstracts must be in Microsoft Word (.doc or .docx files only) or PDF format and should be submitted via email. Using the subject line “Bumpers Honors Poster Submission,” please send your document to firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday, March 29th at 11:59 p.m.
2017 Poster Competition
11:59 p.m., Wednesday, March 29
Please contact Will Polhman at email@example.com with questions