Honors Program Eligibility
Student Eligibility Requirements
Incoming Freshmen who have an ACT score of at least 28 and a high school GPA of at
least 3.50 are invited to apply for admission to the AFLS Honors Program.
Current and Transfer Students with no more than 62 hours completed and a college GPA of at least 3.50 are also invited to apply for admission to the AFLS Honors Program.
Honors Program Requirements
- Students must maintain a GPA of 3.50 in order to remain in the program. Students falling below that average will have one semester of probation to raise their GPA.
- Graduation with honors distinction requires each student complete a total of 15 honors credit hours for the Bumpers College Honors Program.
- Complete 9-12 credit hours of Honors courses. Students are encouraged to take Honors courses within Bumpers as well as Honors courses in other colleges.
- Complete 3-6 thesis credit hours focused on conducting a Research, Creative, or Service-Learning Thesis Project along with a final written thesis document. Enrollment in thesis hours is by permission only. Please complete the request to enroll form and obtain the signature(s) of your Academic Advisor and Honors Thesis Mentor. The signed form should be returned to the Assistant Dean for Honors and International Programs.
- Incoming freshman are required to enroll in the AFLS 1023H Bumpers College Honors Program Perspectives course. Students who enter the program after freshman year are not required to enroll in the course.
- All students must complete the AFLS 3413H Honors Proposal Development and Research Methods course before the completion of 90 credit hours.